Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Something Is Happening Exhibition


Myself in front of the work I had in the show.

The "Something Is Happening" exhibition that we did as a class for New Media in Art Fall term 2018 was my first college art show. I was pretty satisfied with the prints that I chose to include in the exhibition. It was really interesting to see how people moved around the space, especially when they would pause and look at my work. I liked watching people pick up and page through my magazine, looking at the works of mine that weren't hung up on the wall.

Vinyl label that I made for the show.
I had a lot of fun learning how to use the vinyl cutter in the MakerSpace. I had always wanted to learn how to use it and being able to do that through this class was awesome. I was really proud of how it came out, and think it made the space look much more professional.
I would love to be a part of more exhibition shows. In the future I would make it a much bigger deal to my friends, however, because only two people came at the end to specifically see my work and before they came I couldn't get myself to be in a good mood. Maybe by the next show I will learn how to draw strangers into looking at my work and have more conversations with people that I don't already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counterbalance

For my semester long project I decided to focus on the subject of abortion as my motivation for creating content. I find this subject par...