Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Winona "Winnie" Farrell


Winona "Winnie" Farrell


This video I created because I wanted to try to encapsulate the essence of Winnie so that I could show people why I am so obsessed with her. To do this I filmed many different people doing essentially the same thing, petting and showing her love.  This structure relates to the McLuhan quote, "The public consists of separate individuals walking around with separate, fixed points of view. The new technology demands that we abandon the luxury of this posture" (Media is the Massage 69). Although all the humans involved in this film are individuals, my directorial vision strips them of their differences and represents them all in the same way, all with the same opinion of Winnie. Through the technology of filming, purposeful editing, and specific song placement, I influenced the attitude of this video to be solely positive and reflective of my love for Winnie.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job capturing the joy that Winnie brings to others. I liked the music and the addition of people talking about their special connections that they share with your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt that your film successfully accomplished its goal of directing viewers into loving this dog within the first 5 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a heartwarming video! I liked that a lot of it was filmed on level with Winnie so that we get to sort of see through her eyes the way that everyone loves her.

    ReplyDelete

Counterbalance

For my semester long project I decided to focus on the subject of abortion as my motivation for creating content. I find this subject par...