Saturday, November 17, 2018

Spazcore Project



spazcore
To see the work mentioned below, follow the link above.

For my final project for the class "New Media in Art" I decided to use my passion as my inspiration. I revolved my work around my jewelry making and the business I run called Spazcore. I did this because I knew that if I made this project relevant to my life outside of class I would be highly motivated to do a good job. The platform that this work will ultimately end up on is Instagram. I chose Instagram because it is a site that I already use daily and because it is incredibly culturally relevant to the currant era.
For my project I took several studio photographs of models wearing earrings that I crafted myself. I then photoshopped these images so that they looked more visually appealing and formatted them for Instagram. Along with these photographs, I also made three promotional videos that will be posted to Instagram on my page @spazcore.
I am really proud of the work that I have done for this project. I think my pictures turned out well, especially since I don't have much experience with photographing people except for taking candid pictures. There was definitely a large learning curve with the process of directing the models. I also really like how my animations turned out for my Instagram videos. I am not as proud of the electricity one as I am of the others, but I think it is still eye catching and that is what matters.



1 comment:

  1. I love that you made this project not only relevant to class, but applicable to your outside-of-class artistic interests. I loved the vivid photography and videos, and I think that this project is both successful in acknowledging McLuhan's ideas around media, while also adding a great element to your business.

    ReplyDelete

Counterbalance

For my semester long project I decided to focus on the subject of abortion as my motivation for creating content. I find this subject par...